Free advice: stick to your trade!
That is a modern version of the old saying â€ślet the cobbler stick to his lastâ€ť, but it is still solid advice. As an organisation, you should know what you are good at, and most importantly, you should do what you excel at! Not trying to widen your reach is often the key to success.
Sometimes it is a learning process, with ups and downs, highs and lows.
In short: focus your attention! This might mean missing out on certain opportunities, but this offers experts in other areas a chance to help you. How can I draw more attention to our innovation?
- Is the competition outperforming me? If so, why?
- How can I reach new clients?
- How can we differentiate ourselves?
- How can I translate a product or service to market?
- Does our organisation focus on the customers?
These are all questions you donâ€™t have to worry about.
And this is the core message: stick to what you do best!